Cisco 2960-CX Series 8-Port Compact Power over Ethernet Switch
The WS-C2960CX-8PC-L is a Catalyst 2960-CX Series compact fixed-configuration switch. It provides 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with LAN services and Power over Ethernet (PoE or PoE+) support. The 2960 series is designed for branch locations or those with limited wiring and cabling infrastructure, such as a classroom or conference room.
This donation includes
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-CX Series compact switch (WS-C2960CX-8PC-L) with AC power supply
- Product documentation
- Cables: power cord
- Installation hardware: mounting feet, mounting template, and screws
Benefits for Organizations
Organizations can use this switch to extend an existing network, bringing wired connectivity to more employees and supporting new wireless deployments.
Each device meets the following specifications.
- Integrated network ports:
- 8 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Available PoE/PoE+ power:
- 124 W
- Maximum PoE/PoE+ ports:
- 2 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet and 2 small form-factor pluggable (SFP)
- Cisco IOS software:
- LAN Base
- Flash memory:
- 128 MB
- 512 MB
- Maximum active VLANs:
- Forwarding bandwidth:
- 12 Gbps
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup Nederland might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. You will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup Nederland when your request is approved, followed by additional messages with shipping and delivery information.
- AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 3.25 to 1.5 A
- 50 to 60 Hz
- Environmental constraints:
- Operating temperature: 23 to 113°F (-5 to 45°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 5 to 95 percent (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters)
- Storage altitude: Up to 15,000 feet (4,000 meters)