500-MHz (or higher) processor
256 MB or more RAM; 512 MB recommended for graphics features and certain advanced functionality; 1 GB recommended for contextual spell-checking feature in Word
3 GB available hard-disk space
1024x768-pixel (or higher) display
CD or DVD drive
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later; Windows XP with SP2; Windows Vista Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Additional requirements for some features or advanced functionality:
- For speech recognition — close-talk microphone and audio output device
- For certain advanced functionality in Outlook 2007 — connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later
- For Information Rights Management features — access to Windows Server 2003 with SP1 running Windows Rights Management Services
- For certain inking features — Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- For certain advanced collaboration functionality — Connectivity to Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Windows SharePoint Services or Office SharePoint Server 2007
- For Information Rights Management features — access to Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services
- For Instant Search — Windows Desktop Search 3.0
- For Dynamic Calendars — server connectivity
- For PowerPoint Slide Library — Office SharePoint Server 2007
Under the Software Assurance program, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.
Prebuilt Office Themes and SmartArt graphic layouts facilitate document design and help ensure a consistent appearance when creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
New data analysis and visualization features in Excel 2010 allow users to track and highlight important trends. The new Sparklines feature delivers a clear visual representation of Excel data with small charts within worksheet cells.
The Document Inspector feature makes it easy to remove "invisible" information such as comments, hidden text, and properties in Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations, so work can be shared with confidence.
Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can now save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring the user to download and install add-ons.
- Microsoft Excel 2010: A spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools
- Microsoft OneNote 2010: A note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members
- Microsoft Outlook 2010: A time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010: A presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation
- Microsoft Publisher 2010: A desktop publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide variety of publications for desktop printing, commercial printing, email distribution, or viewing on the web
- Microsoft Word 2010: A full-featured word-processing program
The Professional Plus suite adds the Access, Communicator, InfoPath, and SharePoint Workspace applications, as well as the Business Contact Manager add-on for Outlook.
In the 2010 version, Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the File menu across the core Office applications. Backstage view provides users with commonly accessed commands when opening or finishing a document and groups together related tasks. The Ribbon, which was introduced in Office 2007 and replaced traditional menus and toolbars with a set of task-based tabs, returns in Office 2010 and now applies to all applications, including OneNote and Publisher.
Integration with Microsoft Office Web applications allows multiple users at different locations to co-author or edit the same file at the same time. Office Web applications are free online companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote that enable document access, sharing, and collaboration from any web browser.
Service Pack 1 includes new and previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Office 2010.
32-Bit and x64 Versions
Important Volume Licensing Information: With Office 2010, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft recommends KMS activation only for organizations with at least 50 networked computers requiring activation for Office 2010 or requiring activation for a combination of Office 2010, Project 2010, and Visio 2010 software. Organizations with fewer than 50 computers requiring activation or organizations with non-networked computers should activate their products using a MAK. For help deciding which type of key to use, see Stifter-helfen.de - IT for Nonprofits's Guide to Microsoft Volume Licensing Activation Methods. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2010.
Requesting the Right Number of Licenses
Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. For example, if you will install it on 10 computers, be sure that the number 10 appears in the Quantity box on your Shopping Cart page.
Obtaining this product
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup Nederland after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Nederland will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup Nederland is up-to-date. Visit My Account and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup Nederland will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Software AssuranceUnder the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.