- Intel processor
- 1280x800-pixel (or higher) display
- DVD drive
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6, v10.7 or later
- For Meeting Join — Safari 5; Firefox 5
For audio and video features:
- 1 GB or more RAM
- Broadband Internet connection
- Microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device
- Compatible webcam, such as a built-in Apple iSight webcam
- Connectivity to Lync Server 2010 or Lync Online (Lync for Mac does not work
with Office Communications Server 2007 R2 or earlier versions)
- Communication tools: Users can talk to one user or a group of users through instant messaging (IM), voice, or video and can switch back and forth between modes. Users can see if other users are available, away, or busy within their contact list as well as within other Office for Mac applications like Outlook.
- Online meeting tools: Users can schedule, join, and invite participants to online meetings through Lync for Mac or within Outlook. Users can also join meetings directly from within an IM conversation. The Meet Now command allows users to start impromptu online meetings.
- Desktop-sharing tools: Users can share their desktops with one or more users at any time during a conversation. Users can also share files or grant control of their desktop to another user while sharing their desktop.
- Connectivity with other clients: Users of Lync for Mac can have IM conversations with contacts who use Lync 2010 or Communicator 2007 for Windows or public IM clients such as AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger.
Also Available with Other Products
Lync for Mac 2011 is also one of the applications included in the Office for Mac 2011 Standard suite.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.